Sunday, May 11, 2014

We Are On a Break

Boy, it's been a crazy week. The real life stuff I was anticipating blowing up went and did just that, eating all my free time and making it impossible to sit down and write anything coherent. I was hoping to have a few more weeks of my regularly scheduled media blogging schedule, but that's definitely no longer in the cards. So, I'm announcing that Miss Media Junkie is going on hiatus early. You'll still get sporadic updates, mostly reviews, for the rest of the month. From June to the end of August, I'll be almost totally incommunicado. And while I anticipate picking up blogging again in September, you won't be seeing nearly the same rate of posts.

So, we're going to adjust how things are done around here more fundamentally. Focus is now going to shift to quality over quantity. Arbitrary word limits and targets are out the window, meaning you might get a 200 word entry, or a 1,000 word one, depending on what I'm writing about. However, I promise I will actually proofread things before they're posted and make corrections as needed. I also plan to go back and update or fix some of the content in older posts - the Great Directors list needs updating, for instance.

This has been a long time in coming, and I admit I'm not sure what this blog is going to look like a few months down the road. However, rest assured that I'll keep writing - because I really don't think I have it in me to stop completely.

Happy watching.


---

No comments:

Post a Comment