Saturday, August 28, 2010

"Persons Unknown" Finale Liveblog

I've been following the NBC summer mystery series "Persons Unknown," all throughout its run, despite the erratic scheduling and meandering plot. I'm all caught up with the latest episodes, including the one that premiered online, and I'm ready for the two-hour finale tonight. As I expected from the first episode, this has turned out to be a pretty pedestrian show with the usual shadowy conspiracy organization responsible for everything. Still, it has a lot of actors I like and it's fun for summer TV.

I'll be liveblogging the last episodes as they air. I'm hoping for some surprises tonight.

8:00 - Thanks to the ballgame, looks like the first half will be airing on one NBC affiliate, and the second half on another.

8:03 - Liam, the replacement night watchman is having a nice little crisis of faith. His superior may be the least sinister supervillain lady ever.

8:05 - The Chinese restaurant is empty. Not such a horrible shock. If they'd been *closed* on a business day that would have been a reason to panic.

8:10 - A "Battle Royale" ending? They have to be teasing us.

8:12 - Janet's a much more tolerable character when every other line out of her mouth isn't about her daughter.

8:14 - The contact's name is Sherman Golightly. Only on television.

8:17 - Did Liam just explode? Looks like they cut something.

8:21 - Mark and Kat meet one of the guys who match the thumb they smuggled back into the country last week. I wonder what the viewers who didn't see the online episode think.

8:24 - Charlie and Bill's relationship is *way* more fun to speculate about than Graham and Moira's or Janet and Joe's. Of course, there's Erika and Janet...

8:25 - Of the heterosexual couplings, I go for Mark and Kat. At least they're functional.

8:26 - Ha! I've been waiting for Erika to do that since the episode where she first showed up.

8:28 - Charlie does not take Bill's removal well. Aw, no big epic, bromatic goodbye.

8:32 - Charlie looks the way I do when my heater's broken.

8:33 - Mark, Kat, stop bullying the docent. And what are they supposed to accomplish with all the taunting? I know the reaction of the Program directors is just supposed to be exposition, but it's so matter-of-fact, it's *hysterical.*

8:34 - Down goes Charlie. Somehow I don't think anyone has actually died yet. The manner of the deaths is way too ambiguous.

8:41 - And now Erika goes for the rebound with Moira. Wait, no time for romance - Moira's snapped. Wow!

8:44 - The new technicolor writing in Moira's room doesn't match the older, more orderly scribblings. Planted, maybe?

8:45 - Oh, I don't think Graham's walking away from that one. And then there were three.

8:51 - Down to two. And, alarm klaxons signal the arrival of - "Doctor Who" CGI effects!

8:53 - Watching Joe and Janet angst, now I'm a little pissed off that they demonized Moira in the end. She got to be a badass, but *still.*

8:54 - Joe reveals he's well and truly drunk the Kool-Aid. And now his nuzzling with Janet's just kinda creepy.

8:56 - Madame Director and Nick Fury arrive just in time to be utterly useless.

8:58 - Yay! Nobody's dead! And they also faked the lesbian kissing. Awww. But I take back everything about them demonizing Moira.

Back in a flash. Need to change the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment